- I live in Atlanta, Ga.
- I dance when I eat. But only when the food is good.
- I have a very bad short term memory.
- I’m a hopeless romantic.
- I’m a July baby!
- I get irritated very easily but I rarely get super mad.
- I have champagne tastes but a chocolate milk budget at the moment.
- I have no kids. Sometimes I want them in the future, and other times, I’d rather have my freedom.
- I’m a college graduate but I wish I could return my student loans.
- I’m an outgoing introvert. It’s so conflicting at times. So annoying.
- I’m scared of anything creepy crawly. Ugh.
- I have 3 tattoos and a few piercings.
- I’m a germaphobe. I place towels over the hotel pillows before I can sleep on them.
- I’m obsessed with home decor stores and looking at houses.
- My musical taste is very diverse.
- I don’t know how to swim so please refrain from drowning around me if at all possible.
- I’m childish when it comes to fruits and veggies.
- I would love to be a famous actress without the annoyances of being famous. Like having no privacy. Like ever.
- I’m a huge procrastinator.
- I love to read! The library in Beauty in the Beast was a dream of mine even though it’s highly impractical.
- Actually committing to a gym and workout routine. Every summer I complain about not having the summer body that I want. Even I am sick of listening to my own bullshit *face palm* It’s time to make it happen! Time to get those abs bitch!
- Not comparing myself to other people’s progress. Sometimes I look at these Instagram girls and wish that I had the money they seem to have, the expensive things and the trips. I had to remind myself that my journey is not the same as theirs. I will get all of those things eventually. It’s all a matter of how and when I am supposed to get it. Timing is everything.
- Managing my money better. I think that this will be an ongoing life struggle because I just love buying things…any kind of things. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still going to keep swiping that card, but I plan to spend it more wisely. Or somehow just start making more money. That will work too.
- Winged Eyeliner. I’m actually going to practice applying it this year instead of continually wishing I could have on bomb eyeliner. I could have had this skill a long time ago if I would have stopped being so lazy. But like…laying around doing nothing is sooo appealing.
- Not overthinking and assuming so much. It can get pretty fucking annoying when you overthink a situation to the point where it causes an issue that doesn’t really exist. I honestly think that overthinking is in my blood but I’ve gotten so much better at just going with the flow in the past year so I’m pretty sure I can tackle this.
- Time management. I need to learn how to stick to a schedule. Point. Blank. Period.
- Being Consistent. This means being consistent in how I approach everything including my goals and how I handle certain situations.
- Eating better. I probably say this every day of my life but I’m serious this time. Just like last time….
- Holding myself accountable. I need to start holding myself more accountable for the things that happen…or don’t happen. If I have goals that I am trying to reach then I need to make sure that I am getting everything done that I need to. No more being stagnant.
Working on myself will be a lifelong process and there will always be new things that I will need to improve on. One thing that has been cemented into my thick skull is that I am the only one that can better my own life. Unless I make the changes, physically and mentally, things will always remain the same.
I am tired of complaining about the same shit. So it’s time to change up my mentality. Time to finally get my shit together!
What’s something that you need to work on in 2018?
So, I think it’s safe to say that almost all of us are in love with social media. If we weren’t, you wouldn’t be reading this right now!
Imagine this……You go out to eat with friends and you barely touch your phone. Okay okay. You absolutely HAVE to post your food when it looks amazeballs. That’s a rule. Seriously it is. I checked.
I’ve been hearing it and reading it in articles about how technology and social media is ruining our friendships. I don’t entirely agree. Do I think that it plays a part in people being less social with “real people” sometimes? Yes. Sometimes you will notice other groups of people when you’re out to eat and notice that most of them are just staring at their phone screens and not interacting with the rest of the group. Like hellooooo….there are actual people to talk to sitting right next to you.
But I won’t go so far as to say that social media/technology is ruining relationships. In a lot of aspects, it is making interacting and staying in touch with friends so much easier because we have so many resources in which to reach out to them. When it comes to hanging out with friends you have to have a good balance when it comes to your phone and your friends.
For example, when me and my best friend go out to eat, we rarely touch our phones. Of course we find time to insta our food and tag each other but other than that we are interacting with each other. And that’s what good friends do! When you have fun people around you, you don’t bother with your phone as much to scroll through news feeds.
Don’t get me wrong. It’s not like I forget my phone exists because I randomly pick up my phone to snap our amazing and mostly random adventures. My point is, if you and your friends or SO are out to eat or wherever…don’t stare at your phone all night. It’s rude and utterly boring for all of you.
So back to the question of is technology killing our friendships? No. PEOPLE are killing friendships. People are ruining relationships. A lot of us have the capacity to make our own decisions and it is up to you to decide to put your phone down and interact with your friends. We all have the option to decide whether or not we want certain relationships to last and social media shouldn’t factor in.
I get it. Sometimes you just don’t want to be social face to face. That’s normal. We’ve all been there. Like when friends invite you out but you’re content with chilling on the couch with Netflix, Instagram and junk food. And maybe just a little wine. Just a little….
……and that’s okay.
We just can’t go around forgetting that there’s a real world out there. We have to exist outside of our social media worlds. Real true friends beat online companions everyday of the week. At least in my book.