This is for all the people that are feeling a little stressed out and discouraged lately.
No matter what you are going through at the moment, it is going to work out. I know sometimes you might feel like you are never going to reach your goals but that is all bullshit!
You just have to keep pushing through all the self doubt, curve balls and the exhaustion.
Most things that are worth anything come attached with a little hard work, so keep going!!
You got this, Okay?
- Actually committing to a gym and workout routine. Every summer I complain about not having the summer body that I want. Even I am sick of listening to my own bullshit *face palm* It’s time to make it happen! Time to get those abs bitch!
- Not comparing myself to other people’s progress. Sometimes I look at these Instagram girls and wish that I had the money they seem to have, the expensive things and the trips. I had to remind myself that my journey is not the same as theirs. I will get all of those things eventually. It’s all a matter of how and when I am supposed to get it. Timing is everything.
- Managing my money better. I think that this will be an ongoing life struggle because I just love buying things…any kind of things. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still going to keep swiping that card, but I plan to spend it more wisely. Or somehow just start making more money. That will work too.
- Winged Eyeliner. I’m actually going to practice applying it this year instead of continually wishing I could have on bomb eyeliner. I could have had this skill a long time ago if I would have stopped being so lazy. But like…laying around doing nothing is sooo appealing.
- Not overthinking and assuming so much. It can get pretty fucking annoying when you overthink a situation to the point where it causes an issue that doesn’t really exist. I honestly think that overthinking is in my blood but I’ve gotten so much better at just going with the flow in the past year so I’m pretty sure I can tackle this.
- Time management. I need to learn how to stick to a schedule. Point. Blank. Period.
- Being Consistent. This means being consistent in how I approach everything including my goals and how I handle certain situations.
- Eating better. I probably say this every day of my life but I’m serious this time. Just like last time….
- Holding myself accountable. I need to start holding myself more accountable for the things that happen…or don’t happen. If I have goals that I am trying to reach then I need to make sure that I am getting everything done that I need to. No more being stagnant.
Working on myself will be a lifelong process and there will always be new things that I will need to improve on. One thing that has been cemented into my thick skull is that I am the only one that can better my own life. Unless I make the changes, physically and mentally, things will always remain the same.
I am tired of complaining about the same shit. So it’s time to change up my mentality. Time to finally get my shit together!
What’s something that you need to work on in 2018?