Life is a crazy and unpredictable ride. It has its ups and downs but it’s pretty damn fun along the way. In my 26 years on this Earth, I’ve learned a lot and I’m still continuing to learn new things everyday. The biggest realization that I have come across is that ultimately….
I really don’t know shit. All this time I Just Thought I Did. But I Don’t.
Alright, I’ve learned quite a few things but there is always something new to learn. As a person that is constantly evolving and changing, sometimes what I thought I knew, doesn’t apply anymore. So I have to readjust, which is perfectly fine. I love to grow. It’s life.
So Far, Life Has Taught Me That….
- I can’t compare my progress to that of others. I had to realize that my journey is mine alone and I can’t go around comparing my life to the people I see around me. Sometimes scrolling through Instagram will make you feel like you’re so financially behind because you don’t have all the expensive bags, cars and clothes. But then I had to remember that my time will come. And ultimately, you don’t know the story behind all of the pictures that you see on social media. You don’t know what some people have to do to get all those things, so I just count my blessings and have faith in the process!
- I have to hold myself accountable. When it comes down to it, you have to be answerable to your actions and your decisions. You are in charge of you. At the beginning of 2018, I told myself I am holding myself accountable when it comes to my goals. I cannot half-ass anything and expect amazing results. I have a tendency to go that route sometimes. That is something that I had to come to terms with and I’m trying to fix that about myself. Also, I had to understand that when something fails or does not go exactly the way I pictured it, 90% of the time that’s on me. I cannot always blame the circumstances. Sometimes you just have to put on your big girl panties and figure out a way to fix it!
- Time goes on regardless of what you do…or don’t do. When I set goals for myself, I have a tendency to get lazy after a while. Even though it is common sense, you have to realize that you cannot reach your goals unless you work hard. I have learned that I can either waste time complaining or I can just get shit done. I am a huge procrastinator and it’s an everyday struggle to stay motivated. But it’s finally gotten through my thick skull that my actions have to match my mindset. Time moves quickly and if I want to be able to live the life I see in my head before I’m 30, then I have to get my shit together! I have to set a goal, stay motivated and find a way to achieve it. Point blank period!
- I have to enjoy life to the fullest! I learned early on that you have to do what makes you happy in this life or else one day you’ll look up and realize you haven’t done anything worthwhile. Life is short. Everything you want to do, find a way to do it. Have adventures with your friends. Go on that trip. Shoot your shot with that person you like. Always eat that cookie! Life is all about creating beautiful memories with the amazing people who you love.
- I should always have confidence in myself. I know that isn’t always easy or possible, but I have to always make the effort to have faith in myself. I am a strong, beautiful woman and I have to always remember that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. So basically, I’m the shit.
Life is a never-ending cycle of lessons. You get broken down, you fall but you get back up again. Every time. I am on a journey to find new things that happily feed my soul and my spirit. It is never to late to learn new things about yourself. Just in case you care enough to learn a little more about lil ole Brittany, take a look at 20 Facts About Me! Although, I gotta admit, I’m more interesting in person. I know that life has much more to offer me and I’m excited to see where it takes me!
What are some things that life has taught you so far? Let me know!